When you hear branding, what do you think of?
Probably a catchy slogan, an eye-catching logo or maybe even a powerful mission statement. And while all of these elements are important, they’re nothing without the visual representation that brings them to life.
In other words, your brand needs a good spokesperson - and that’s where animation comes in! By bringing your branding to life with engaging visuals, you can create a truly unforgettable experience for your audience.
Where do you start?
Keep reading for some tips on using animation to animate your branding.
Animations are everywhere on the web, and I think that’s fabulous.
I bet with you that you have come across at least one already only today. You’ve probably seen an animated chat bot, some graphics bouncing around on a website, or a fancy celebration-gif on LinkedIn. Or something waved at you when you opened an app on your phone.
No matter what it is – animations are extremely popular and there's a good reason for that!
They can be used for a variety of purposes, from marketing a product or service to teaching people how to do something, and with the latter especially when utilising explainer videos. Businesses of all sizes are beginning to realize the power of animations in getting their messaging across.
Bringing branding to life attracts attention, KEEPS attention, and then usually sparks conversations. (Fun fact: Film-animations have been around since 1908, so this is not really a new concept)
Why should you get animated?
“So, why should I start using animations then?” you might think. Let me give you a few wonderful reasons why to get one:
1) Animated videos are engaging. People love watching them, which means they’re more likely to stick around and watch the entire video – and that’s great news for you!
2) Staying with the videos, very easily bring across what your ideal client needs to know, so they see you as the go-to person where they get what they need!
3) You can use animation for a wide variety of marketing materials, from social media posts and ads to website banners, in videos (e.g. your animated logo) and even email signatures.
4) You can use them pretty much indefinitely so long as your messaging doesn’t change.
5) Use them therefore over and over and over again – and benefit from content repurposing!
6) Remember, every new connection that you make on a social channel doesn’t know a thing about you yet – how lovely would it be when YOUR unique animation, with your branding, pops up in their feed? You never know who needs to see that at that moment in time!
7) How awesome would your carefully curated video that you create look like, when it has YOUR animated logo and branding? How much MORE could you deepen the know-like-trust factor with your prospects by this?
“Great, however – what could be turned into an animation?”
Here are some of the countless things that can be given life:
f. Demo video
2) Explainer video
3) Product animation … and so, so much more!
Time to get your branding moving!
As you might have figured by now, I am very, very passionate about this topic. I truly believe that animations are an underrated, but most powerful and highly effective marketing tool for a small business, that can help your brand in so many ways.
Break through the noise of the internet, educate your potential clients about your products or services, and show off your brand’s personality. If you’re ready to get started with animation, then I’d love to help! Feel free to get in touch or check out my website www.visionbuilder.rocks for more information. In the meantime, enjoy every single animation that you come across today!
Heike is creator by default and has worked as a marketer for nearly 3 decades and as a graphic designer for nearly 2 decades. She’s absolutely passionate about all things creative, and besides soaking up geeky stuff, she loves her Machu Picchu coffee and her two wonderful, adorable cats.